English is a wonderful language and learning English as a second language is a very worthwhile endeavor, especially of course if you are living in an English speaking country! For many people listening and understanding English and speaking English can be the most difficult aspect to learning this language, especially in Australia where many Australians speak very quickly and with a broad Australian accent, which is very different for people who have been learning English from American or British texts!
LEARNING TIPS AND ASSISTANCE TO HELP YOU SPEAK ENGLISH WELL IN AUSTRALIA
HOW TO USE THIS WEBSITE TO IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH
1. Click on any of the Australian English from the list. You will see a page of information about that phrase, word or expression.
2. Listen to the Australian English
3. Read Meaning 1 and read Context 1. Listen and read Context 1.
4. Repeat this for Meaning and Context 2 & 3 (if relevant).
5. Now listen to everything again and try to say it - speaking English (use the pause button and the slow button as you need)
6. Repeat this for all the Australian English on the list, after every group of 10, do the learning activity!
7. Watch a video, first without the transcript, then watch it again with the transcript and click on the English to check their meaning
8. Do the activities for the video