Learn English & Speak English in Australia - AusEphrase
Learn English and learn about how we speak English in Australia! For many migrants and International Students, trying to understand Australians when we speak English is the most difficult aspect to learning English, partly because many Australians speak English very quickly and with a broad Australian accent. Of course, learning to speak English can also be difficult for many migrants and International Students. This AusEphrase website helps you to understand Australians and to speak English in Australia. Listen to Australian accents and try to speak English the way Australians speak English, do the English exercises and become familiar with the common English expressions.
Also get the AusEphrase iPhone App Free!
LEARNING TIPS AND ASSISTANCE TO HELP YOU SPEAK ENGLISH WELL IN AUSTRALIA:
HOW TO USE THIS WEBSITE TO UNDERSTAND SPOKEN ENGLISH & SPEAK ENGLISH YOURSELF
1. Click on any of the Australian English from the list. You will see a page of information about that English phrase, word or expression.
2. Listen to the Australian voice speak English
3. Read English Meaning 1 and read English Example 1. Also listen to and read English Example 1.
4. Repeat this for English Meaning and English Example 2 & 3 (if relevant).
5. Now listen to everything again and try to say it - speak English (use the pause button and the slow button as you need)
6. Repeat this for all the Australian English on the list, after every group of 10, do the Learn English Exercises.
USERS GUIDE: when you click on an English phrase, word or expression you will see a symbol next to it, this advises you about whether or not you should use this English in public, as some English words may be considered offensive:
Danger | May be offensive
Attention | Use with Care
Safe | General Conversation
More information on how to learn English with AusEphrase:
For more information on how the AusEphrase website helps you to learn English, in particular by helping you to understand Australians when they speak English, as well as information on how and why AusEphrase was put together, go to Learn English with AusEphrase